Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to mod my new black Wii

Unable to mod my new black Wii

I just bought a black Wii and so far can't get a mod chip to work in it. First I tried a Flatmod which just ejected backup games, it ran original discs fine. I next tried a Drivekey which just gives me a black screen with a message telling me an error has occured, eject the disc and reboot the console. Again original discs work fine. ISO are copied to Verbatim DVD-R at 2X speed using Imageburn. I'm thinking that Nintendo have have made this black model mod proof. Any suggestions?

Will a softmod work?

The Black Wii and serial numbers starting LEH3 and LEH5 are currently Un-moddable as they have the D3 nothing drives, the only way to mod these is as follows:

Wasabi DX Chip and include a dvd rom drive board replacement for all Wii versions inclusive of the unmoddable Leh5*** series drive and Black wii Consoles.

I have just done mine and it is the only way, Nintendo have changed the drive roms to combat modding with a chip.

Robbo

I have just spent 2 days trying the softmod alternative but nothing seems to work.
    What if I were to replace the whole DVD drive with a D2C replacement? Could I then use any modchip with that?

Quote Originally Posted by ehedwr View Post
    I have just spent 2 days trying the softmod alternative but nothing seems to work.
    What if I were to replace the whole DVD drive with a D2C replacement? Could I then use any modchip with that?

I think you will need to replace the rom board, not just the drive,
    I sent mine away to be done and the whole job cost 99 + postage,
    Alot less hassle!!

Retired WiiHacks Staff ShadowSonic2's Avatar
    Your options are to replace the board as these D3-2 Boards now prevent DVDR Backups from being read.

OR

Softmod your wii like any other wii exept you will need to use a USB Loader.

hi mate i had the same problem at the weekend the new ones wont play from dvdr but they boot fine from usb !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ehedwr View Post

you could just get a replacement board...simple to install

https://gamertech.ca/product_info.ph...products_id=34

Wiihacks Super Mod / Admin

All sorted now. I replaced the DVD drive and installed a Drivekey chip. It's working perfectly now. And thanks for your help

hi how much did that cost ??? did you do it yourself ???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast