Thread: (Semi)Bricked - Please help

(Semi)Bricked - Please help

Here's the problem that I have:

When I start up the console, BootMii runs as usual, and when exits, does not load the system menu (stuck at black screen).

I do not have a NAND backup to strait-recover my Wii, but I am able to get into the Homebrew channel perfectly via BootMii/boot2 and install/uninstall WADs with a GC controller as the wiimote is not syncing after initial boot (I am able to turn the machine on with it though)

I have tried the sticky'd insturctions at the top of the page, but no success.

According to BootMii, there is a system menu installed, and I am able to see the "Return to Main Menu & Restart" buttons if I boot a game via Neogamma or Gecko OS (had to give it a try), but I am unable to get into it any possible way thought up.

The cause of this was an accidental uninstall of system menu 4.2 (updated via Waninkoko's updater) via WAD Manager, but I installed it back shortly after from a WAD.
    Also tried installing IOS60-64 as mentioned in another thread as a fix, but it did not work.

Any suggestions to how I could solve my system menu problems without hassling around for a NAND dump?

Oh, and the TB and cIOS249 r14 are installed and working to my knowledge - if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance!

For system menu 4.2 you would have to install IOS70 v6687 and the system menu wad for your region.

Quote Originally Posted by dr34m3r View Post
    For system menu 4.2 you would have to install IOS70 v6687 and the system menu wad for your region.
    Gave it a shot, but still I get the black screen.