Thread: Having trouble updating to IOS38-64-v3610.wad

Having trouble updating to IOS38-64-v3610.wad

Im trying to update my system so I can run NSMB but Im having a few problems.

I cant seem to update to IOS38-64-v3610.wad Ive tried putting it on an SD card and launching the Homebrew Channel but nothing happens, its like it doesnt even scan for the card anymore.

I set up my Internet access (but didnt update the system obviously) and I was asked to do an update (Im pretty sure it was an actual update to the Homebrew Channel but I cant remember the code number) This seemed to go through fine until the end (it froze on EXIT, so I reset the system because thats all I could do)

Please bare with me because I am new to all this (since last night actually lol)

EDIT: on the Homebrew Channel it says 1.0.6 IOS36 v12.18 (if this is any help)
    Last edited by HookeyStreet; 11-15-2009 at 01:23 PM.

Homebrew Channel 1.0.6 | Internet Channel | Sys Menu 4.1e | NeoGamma R8 b15 | Preloader .30 r3 | cIOS38 r14 | Wad Manager 1.5 | cIOSCORP 3.5 | DVDX v2 | Mplayer CE | WiiGator GC Backup Launcher Ver 2.0 | Wii64 Nintendo 64 Emulator | Homebrew Browser V 0.3.6 | IOSCheck V 0.3.6

Quote Originally Posted by siphilips View Post
    Hi, thanks for replying, but Ive seen that guide (great guide btw) and I dont know how to launch the wads from the SD card to start the update

Can someone tell me what I need to do to make an SD card bootable in the Homebrew Channel so I can upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by HookeyStreet View Post
    Hi, thanks for replying, but Ive seen that guide (great guide btw) and I dont know how to launch the wads from the SD card to start the update

Can someone tell me what I need to do to make an SD card bootable in the Homebrew Channel so I can upgrade?
    Create a directory, SD\wad, place your wad file in there.
    In homebrew you need an application called wad manager.
    This will come up in the homebrew menu, use that to install your wad.

Quote Originally Posted by WiiJohn View Post
    Create a directory, SD\wad, place your wad file in there.
    In homebrew you need an application called wad manager.
    This will come up in the homebrew menu, use that to install your wad.
    Hi, I feel like a right idiot because Im following (I think) what your telling me to do but Im getting nowhere

Ive created a 'wad' folder at the root of the SD card and popped 'IOS53-64-v5406.wad' inside it and placed 'WAD-Manager_v1.5.dol' at the root of the SD card also.

I then pop the SD card into the Wii, navigate to the Homebrew Channel, but I then get nothing, no menu pops up to install wad

EDIT: using the guide for dummies install program Ive created an SD card thats recognised by the Homebrew Channel with just the WAD Manager visible on it. Ive placed the 'IOS53-64-v5406.wad' inside the 'wad' folder at the root of the SD card. I launch the WAD Manager and it asks what wad I would liek to install. Do I just press left/right and select 'IOS53' ?
    Last edited by HookeyStreet; 11-16-2009 at 05:22 AM.

rename wad-Manager_v1.5.dol to boot.dol

The boot.dol needs to go in a folder within apps

i.e. SD:\apps\wadmanager\boot.dol
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tealc View Post
    rename wad-Manager_v1.5.dol to boot.dol

The boot.dol needs to go in a folder within apps

i.e. SD:\apps\wadmanager\boot.dol
    Thanks m8, thats what I was doing wrong. Now to figure out how to install neogamma lol

PS: Im trying to use a 4GB Pendrive as a USB Loader but it wont partition right via the USB Loader program on the Wii? (it gives me funny partition sizes like 955.03GB etc)