Thread: Wii no longer reading Verbatim-R

Wii no longer reading Verbatim-R

Hey guys,

I am having a problem with creating backups for my Wii. I have burned about 20 games or so using Verbatim-R media and have not once run into a problem.

I ran out of DVD's the other day and told my brother to pick up a stack, he comes back with a 10 stack of Verbatim -R but it was marked as Digital Movie DVD's. I try the DVD's but I get a disc read error so I go and grab some regular Verbatim-R 16x discs, the exact same ones I used for my previous backups.

Problem is that I am encountering the same problem, I burn the game and the Wii gave me the ? sign saying that it could not read the disc. I then tried burning on some crappy Memorex +R DVD that I had lying around and the games worked. My games that I had burned previously seem to work as well but for some reason this new batch will not work.

I would appreciate the help.

because DVDs and CDs etc, use "organic" matter to hold data on, extreme differences in temperature / storage can affect the performance of media we use

it is analogous also to plaster which can go off if exposed to frost or temperatures < 5 degrees

so basically how th DVD's were sored in the shop possibly has affected the perfomance of your Verbatim DVD, and rendered "Memorex", top of the class
    Homebrew Channel 1.0.6 | Internet Channel | Sys Menu 4.1e | NeoGamma R8 b15 | Preloader .30 r3 | cIOS38 r14 | Wad Manager 1.5 | cIOSCORP 3.5 | DVDX v2 | Mplayer CE | WiiGator GC Backup Launcher Ver 2.0 | Wii64 Nintendo 64 Emulator | Homebrew Browser V 0.3.6 | IOSCheck V 0.3.6

Are you using a different DVD burner than before, when you could get the backups to work? The reason I say is because I have 2 kind of new computers with very low burn time on the burners, one burns fine and the other doesn't like Verbatims for some reason.

Nope, im using the excact same burner. The only difference between the first batch of discs and these new ones is that my hard drive crashed and I had to get a new one.

This of course meant that I had to reinstall Imageburn and I only remember a few of the settings that had recommended to me by modderman back when I got my wii modded. I am not sure if a few missing setup details in imageburn is enough to warrant consistent failures.

Alright guys i got the problem fixed. I changed the write options from DOA to incremental and that seems to have done the job.

I hope this helps anyone else who has the same problem as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysgrewal View Post
    Alright guys i got the problem fixed. I changed the write options from DOA to incremental and that seems to have done the job.

I hope this helps anyone else who has the same problem as well.
    I have the same problem with verbatim dvd-r. I bought a bulk of 50 dvd's. I already have the same configuration.

Then I noticed that the verbatim plain dvd's (the white one's for writers with LightScribe) works fine
    Last edited by siphilips; 02-04-2010 at 12:06 AM. Reason: spelling