Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: update or just softmod as it is?

  1. #1

    update or just softmod as it is?

    Thanks to this great site i ahve soft modded my Wii and works great.

    Since i done mine all my mates now want me to do theres for them, I dont mind doing this but i dont really want to brick there wiis for them! If i bricked my Wii then it was my fault and my own problem!

    Is it best to update to the newest menu then soft mod or just soft mod it on what ever they got on there atm?
    Also if i did brick a Wii is it possilbe to un brick it somehow?

    Cheers
    Dicko

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Retired Staff
    davepm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,561
    Quote Originally Posted by dicko11 View Post
    Thanks to this great site i ahve soft modded my Wii and works great.

    Since i done mine all my mates now want me to do theres for them, I dont mind doing this but i dont really want to brick there wiis for them! If i bricked my Wii then it was my fault and my own problem!

    Is it best to update to the newest menu then soft mod or just soft mod it on what ever they got on there atm?
    Also if i did brick a Wii is it possilbe to un brick it somehow?

    Cheers
    Dicko
    do NOT update to 4.2

    read the guides in my sig, depending on which menu you have.

    the 3.1-4.1 guide will update you to 4.1

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by dicko11 View Post
    Thanks to this great site i ahve soft modded my Wii and works great.

    Since i done mine all my mates now want me to do theres for them, I dont mind doing this but i dont really want to brick there wiis for them! If i bricked my Wii then it was my fault and my own problem!

    Is it best to update to the newest menu then soft mod or just soft mod it on what ever they got on there atm?
    Also if i did brick a Wii is it possilbe to un brick it somehow?

    Cheers
    Dicko
    If it was me I would only update it to 4.1 using this guide.

    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html

  4. #4
    why not?
    i used your guides before very good

    Quote Originally Posted by davepm View Post
    do NOT update to 4.2

    read the guides in my sig, depending on which menu you have.

    the 3.1-4.1 guide will update you to 4.1

  5. #5
    Why only 4.1?

    Quote Originally Posted by dr34m3r View Post
    If it was me I would only update it to 4.1 using this guide.

    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Retired Staff
    davepm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,561
    because the whole point of 4.2 was to kill homebrew and softmodding, its much more difficult to mod a 4.2 and you gain nothing by going to 4.2, everything can be done on 4.1 much easier.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by dicko11 View Post
    Why only 4.1?

    Have a look here so you can see what each update to the system menu does.

    System Menu - WiiBrew

  8. #8
    cool thanks that helps,
    but if i do brick it, is that game over? or is there any light at the end of the tunnel?

    Niceone

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •