Thread: SMG game freezes after 5 min

SMG game freezes after 5 min

I got this version on my hdd: Super mario galaxy - PAL / ISO / Group: WiiZARD

Well the game starts perfect,can play like 5 min.

When the airships come. and i run to the bridge/frontdoor into the castle, i got blackscreen, and i need to reboot wii...

Whats wrong?
    All other games works just fine.
    Got 4.2E softmod, rev14 , usb gx

DA KINE WiiHacker
    If all your other games are working it could just be a bad copy. Try a different one.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.

Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

Think u need to use a game save of some kind for SMG to work correctly. I have an original version of SMG, so couldn't be 100%

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSonic2 View Post
    Currently, thats the only copy of NSMB out, almost everyone is having trouble with that game, it could be a bad copy or some sort of protection from nintendo which i doubt, A new 1:1 copy is on its way.
    Mate, looks like he's taking about super mario galaxy. not "new super mario bros"

i found this now:
    If you're using a softmod backup launcher, an error will occur after the first cutscene. This is currently unfixable, but you can download a saveed game from here

Main Page - WikiTemp

Which will start directly after that.

thanks for the link but I was not able to find a link that allows me to skip the cut scene that crashes the game.

Can you please point me in the right direction. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by palak View Post
    thanks for the link but I was not able to find a link that allows me to skip the cut scene that crashes the game.

Can you please point me in the right direction. Thanks
    well i have search, and havent find any fix so, need to wait someone else help us =/

Sorry for "bringing the thread back from the dead", I found this thread through google while searching for the identical problem.

I just wanted to let other people finding this thread through google that the problem is 100% due to a bad rip.
    There is no "fix", because it's a problem with the ISO you're using.
    Rip it again from your original disk, or "get a different rip", and the problem goes away.

WiiHacks Staff
    Nancy the Moderator

VWA, Game Master, News Hound
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    tanks for the info user456