Thread: LU65 3.4U preloader/HBC/cios mess

LU65 3.4U preloader/HBC/cios mess

I have an LU658x wii running 3.4u. I didn't notice the serial number until after I started softmodding. I (think I) got preloader installed since I can boot to it by holding reset. I updated HBC so that required a JODI wad thing to get preloader to boot HBC again. HBC is also upside down still, despite my efforts to correct it. Twice now I have gotten a system files corrupted message and fixed it with a 3.4u wad install. Now I have two HBC's and I can install wads, however I'm not sure which selection I should make installing cios38 rev14, that is, if it will work at all. I'm lost, confused and torn between multiple guides. I got a backup launcher installed, but no surprise it doesn't work since I never saw success confirmation from the cios installer. Help please!

Retired Staff
    there is only one guide you need to follow, and that is the one linked in my sig

Awesome stuff man, thanks! Just one question, do I need to reinstall preloader? Isn't it already installed if I can get to it holding reset on powerup? Oops, I can't get to it anymore. I guess I should have tried before I posted. Ok everything went well. If I can't boot iCarly or Shimano Extreme Fishing, does that mean I need a new cios? Or is there a setting I need to adjust? Thanks so much! You rock!

Edit: Nevermind, it was a drive issue. Pioneer 112 works, newer sony nec optiarc does not (maybe needs bitsetting fw)
    Last edited by Icantremember; 11-05-2009 at 06:44 AM.

Did you get Icarly to work?I have it on my external harddrive but I cannot get it to work..Any help would be greatly appreciated....