I need to modchip my WII - this is what i want from it:
I installed on my Wii the Hombrew channel, everything went fine.
My wii is 4.2.
Im planning to buy a chip, but i dont know if its worth buying right now with this new update.
I want to mention that i dont care about the region free thing, i just want that my chip will play without a problems all my burned game on my specific region. [i wont backup also, i just want to make burned games to work].
Should i wait, or i can already buy ?
I wanted to buy the WiiKey 2 but i was fool enough to update my wii, so now i dont know what to do.
Most modchip suppliers will list the features of the chip along with a description so my advice would be to read around and see what suits you and your needs and then base your purchase on that.
I already decided to buy the WiiKey 2, the thing is, will i be seeing any problem now becuase i updated?
Or except the region thing it should work fine?
I'm not 100% sure but you should be able to contact your supplier for information regarding that.
Your fine with wiikey 2 on version 4.2. You won't be able to play out of region but you don't want to any way.
You are not fine if you have a newer wii that has the controller chip removed.