I bought a Wii about 18 months ago, and would now like to try and hack it to be able to download games and play them. How do I get started?
There are lots of FAQs (one link is broken, though):
but none that tell me how to actually get started. A few questions:
- How do I determine what version I have? I have the serial number. Do I need to open the case?
- How do I know if I need to buy a ROM chip or whether I can use software only?
- What software application should I use to write Wii game images downloaded from bittorrent to a DVD?
- What software application should I use to actually write the software modification to the Wii?
- Where is the HOWTO? There is a great collection of individual answers to various questions, but it's tough to get started without some type of guide.
the guides you need are linked in my sig.
Originally Posted by toshd00d
You can check you version by accessing the settings memu of you wii, it will show in the top right corner of the screen.