Thread: Missing nand.bin

Exclamation Missing nand.bin

Ok, here's the issue (forgive me for any and all stupdity).

I was softmodding my wii to 4.2U. Process went well, but when I attempted to launch game through NeoGamma r7, it wouldn't work properly. So after hours off searching solutions I did a downgrade to 3.2U, then a firmware upgrade to 4.1 (I was going to try a different softmod). When the firmware upgrade was complete, and I rebooted my wii, I got the black screen. I had Bootmii installed (and here's the main issue); When I backed up my nand, I copied it to my PC. Well now i can't find it, where I thought it was is only a shortcut to both my nand.bin and keys.bin. Since the backup I've formatted my SD. So how screwed am I? Are there any ways around this? Please help me.

do you have bootmii as boot 2? can you access bootmii menu and HBC?

Yes I have, and yes I can. Here's where I'm at now. I fixed the problem by going into homebrew and using wadmanager to basically reset my system back to 3.2U. Now I'm updating to 4.2. Is there a good softmod for this version?

yes there is the one i wrote see it in the guides section. how are you upgrading? online?

Yes, was that a no no?

the official update can be hacked with the method i describe. an unofficial updater is not recommended