Thread: Do I need to update anything?

Do I need to update anything?

I softmodded my wii like a year ago and did not play it much. I started playing it more and am having some trouble with a few games getting the 002 error. I used wiiscrubber and genericwiipatcher to fix this for most games but am having trouble with a newer game. GWP says it can not find a 002 error to remove like the other games yet I get it when i try to play it.

My info:
    I used the zelda trick and dont really remember how i did it anymore but the main thing is in the home brew channel it says IOS36 V4.18 and I use buckup launcher 0.3 gamma, IOS249

do I need to update anything or is the game just a bad copy?

Retired WiiHacks Staff ShadowSonic2's Avatar
    Don't bother using the genericwiipatcher anymore. 0.3 Gamma is outdated. Try NeoGamma R7 which has a built in 002 fix and the latest cIOS is cIOS38-rev14.

I will look into that right now. Thanks for the fast response.
    Last edited by c3lica; 10-22-2009 at 11:33 AM. Reason: NVM

well, I updated to ios38 rev 14 and ran neogamma r7 and it kinda worked.

The other games seem to work but the game I was having trouble with still is not. I get no 002 error but rather the WARNING-Health and Saftey screen where you have to press A then it goes to the main wii menu like it rebooted.

Ideas? Maybe its a bad copy?

Retired WiiHacks Staff ShadowSonic2's Avatar
    Could be. A Few Tips.

1) Make sure when you're downloading an .iso that it isn't a bad or corrupted .iso

2) Burn on high quality DVD-R (Not DVD+R) at low speeds such as 2x. Verbatim DVD-R is recommended. DVD+Rs also kill your laser quicker, that's why DVD-R is better (it also eliminates most errors)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSonic2 View Post
    Could be. A Few Tips.

1) Make sure when you're downloading an .iso that it isn't a bad or corrupted .iso

2) Burn on high quality DVD-R (Not DVD+R) at low speeds such as 2x. Verbatim DVD-R is recommended. DVD+Rs also kill your laser quicker, that's why DVD-R is better (it also eliminates most errors)
    Yeah, I always use DVD-R and burn them at 4x (the slowest option I have). I only buy TDK, Verbatim, TAIYO YUDEN, Maxell... or Memorex if I have to. These are all TDK DVD-R at 4X. Many others work fine with this setup but not this one. I will try reburning once and if that fails I will assume the iso is bad.

my problem is sort of different. I actually successfully installed animal crossing city folks onto wii menu (4.2e) but when I tried to lauch it it would black out! Help Please