Thread: Green and Purple Stripes when Power is cut on...

Green and Purple Stripes when Power is cut on...

I had downgraded my Wii to 3.2U successfully. Then I started tampering with MyMenuify trying to get a "Matrix" themed channel menu. That's when it hit me. I am not able to get bootmii to pop up or anything. Like I said in the title, all I get is Green and Purple stripes when I cut the Wii on. I am still able to cut the Wii off without unplugging it though. I figure this would be considered as a brick. Anybody had this happen before and/or knows how to fix that? Any advise would be appreciated.

Retired Staff
    do you have preloader?

have you made sure the bootmii files are on your SD card?

Im assuming you have a nand backup if your fking about with something as dangerous as modifying menu's?

Yeah...I saved the bootmii and nand file to my computer in case something like this happened. I don't think I had preloader on it. When I put the SD card in the Wii and cut it on, I still get the stripes.

Is my Wii pretty much screwed?

Something I just remembered. I had installed Starfall. So I am able to autoboot games when I hold y on my gc controller. So how can I get a system update from that. When I try to go to the Wii menu, it freezes. I can see hope on the horizon!