PSP Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-C is released!
UPDATE - GEN-D has been released
look below for update
It's here! The one that we've been waiting for and the one to stir up your lazy Sunday. Custom Firmware 5.50GEN-C is now out from Team GEN! This release finally allows you to install and enjoy all the games that requires FW 5.55 and 6.00 WITHOUT having to patch anything.
No, this will not work on a ta-088v3 Slim, 3000, or Go. If you try it, your PSP will permanently brick.
Things you have to take note of:
1. This CFW is for PSP-1000 and PSP-2000 v1 and v2 ONLY
2. The 5.03HEN-A will be updated shortly with the same opportunities
And for the much-awaited Changelog:
* Ability to run 5.51 + games without having to patch (UMD or ISO)
* Ability to run the demos PSN requiring 5.51 + without having to patch them as launching AMS To PSN
* Connect to PSN via MEDIAGO without having to install complicated utility (option in beta yet)
* You can use the XGEN Updater to install the official firmware 6.10 (For use only if you have a Pandora XGEN handy to be able to return later in Custom firmware.
* IRShell can no longer launch ISO patch but the patch will be released in a few minutes
* Video playback 480x272 raises concerns but a fix is being studied.
* The option to accelerate the reading of MS is being ported to 5.50GEN.
Source and Download for 5.50 GEN-C - www.qj.net
CFW 5.50 GEN-D has been released
Here's what's new:
* All features of 5.50GEN-B2 are available
* Ability to run 5.51 + games without having to patch it (UMD or ISO)
* Possibility to launch PSN demos requiring 5.51 + without having to patch them (as MGS for example)
* Possibility to connect to the Playstation Store by the using of MEDIAGO, to retrieve games and goodies without having to install Fake USB or other complicated stuff.
* Possibility to use the XGEN Updater to install the official firmware 6.10 (use it only if you have a Pandora XGEN to be able to return later in Custom firmware)
* 480x272 AVC Videos ere supported
Source and Download 5.50 GEN-D - dl.qj.net/Custom-Firmware-5.50GEN-D
Last edited by Stomp_442; 10-21-2009 at 06:12 PM.
nice one my man guna do al mine now got 4 to do i this ouse .... lol
got a bit of a problem with this ... i was running 3.30 m33 cfw i stuck all this on the mem stick done what it said chose the top one for custom firmware it finished and i ended up with a psp that half loaded and got stuck . wouldnt load any menu can anyone help . its ok i made a pandora battery so i took it back to cfw 3.30m33 so it all works again so no worries there jus wondered if you would have any suggestions why that happened ..
I just posted the news, I don't use GEN, I kept my psp at 5.00 M33-6. I have a few of the latest games, and had to patch them to get them to work with M33-6. Still waiting on the verdict of which is better. My nephew was running GEN-B and said that he wants to switch back to cfw 5.00 M33-6, he thinks that GEN cannot read the memory stick fast enough.
Originally Posted by wiinut2009
cfw 5.50 GEN-D is released
That didn't take long. GEN-D is out all ready. Will add to the first post.
GEN-D3 is out i have it on my psp
Tags for this Thread