Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: USB Loader GX is on wii but doesn't work?

  1. #1

    USB Loader GX is on wii but doesn't work?

    so i get brought to the main menu and i click the USB loader GX..

    it keeps saying "waiting for your slow USB device : 30 seconds..

    counts down and brings me back to the main menu. did i not install something correctly?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by wiinewbii View Post
    so i get brought to the main menu and i click the USB loader GX..

    it keeps saying "waiting for your slow USB device : 30 seconds..

    counts down and brings me back to the main menu. did i not install something correctly?
    Do you have your USb Drive hooked up to wii?

  3. #3
    yessir... it has 2 backupped games on the drive also

  4. #4
    Have you tried both usb ports?

  5. #5
    yessir, i tried both before coming on. does it matter what kinda ext hd it is? i have a seagate freeagent (purchased a few yrs ago)

    does it matter what kind of format it is in? exFAT or NTSC?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by wiinewbii View Post
    yessir, i tried both before coming on. does it matter what kinda ext hd it is? i have a seagate freeagent (purchased a few yrs ago)

    does it matter what kind of format it is in? exFAT or NTSC?
    Check here to see if it is compatible.

    USB Devices Compatibility List - WikiTemp

    And your hard-drive has to be format to WBFS by either formatting with usb loader gx on wii or WBFS manager 3.0 on your pc.

  7. #7
    so the HD is on the compatible list.. it says i need to "You have to disable standby (set idle time to Never) with Seagate Manager before you format it!"

    i'm going to do that and report back

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Retired Staff
    davepm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,561
    Quote Originally Posted by wiinewbii View Post
    so the HD is on the compatible list.. it says i need to "You have to disable standby (set idle time to Never) with Seagate Manager before you format it!"

    i'm going to do that and report back
    the normal USB HDD advice to take not of is that the WBFS partition should be set primary and active.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Quote Originally Posted by wiinewbii View Post
    yessir, i tried both before coming on. does it matter what kinda ext hd it is? i have a seagate freeagent (purchased a few yrs ago)

    does it matter what kind of format it is in? exFAT or NTSC?
    If you have a Seagate FreeAgent Desk then make sure you have cIOS38 rev14 installed, I don't think there are any issues with the Seagate FreeAgent Go.

  10. #10
    Also check the cable, I spent like 4 hours with my HDD, my Wii and reading all the guides, at the end I don't know why but I changed the USB cable and voula!!! it worked Go Figure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •