Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Shocked by a soldering iron?

  1. #1

    Shocked by a soldering iron?

    So last night i ourchased a soldering iron because i wanted to solder in LED's on my wiimote. but before i tear into my helpless wiimotes i figured it would be a good idea to practice on something else first. last night i soldered some LED"S and other stuff no problem (other then im terrible at soldering) but tonight, when i went to tin the tip i saw a very small spark go between the solder and the iron. it happened several times. is this normal? i hate being shocked!
    Last edited by Just Wanna Be Famous; 01-11-2008 at 01:45 PM.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Lower Mainland BC
    Thats probably not good...
    You did take the batteries out right?

    Other than that, I dont know
    Its possible the wii mote is holding a bit of juice even without the batteries, to save the wii-motes internal memory (you can save stuff to your wii mote)

    Anything happen since then?
    Wii-mote still work?
    Did you finish the soldering?

    (why are you putting leds in anyways? for looks?)

  3. #3
    he just went to tin the tip of the iron, he did not even get to his wiimote yet. i would get a new soldering iron.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts