Thread: Quick question - boot2 capable wii

Quick question - boot2 capable wii

Just a quick question...I have 2 wii's....one is boot2 capable and the other is not. If i backup my nand files on the boot2 capable wii, I am able to restore the system later to how it is now unmodded correct?....."if" that is the case, how do you restore a wii that is not boot2 capable back to its original unmodded state (nand files) when it is "not" recommended to make a backup of nand and/or restore when you are booting from a wii with boot from ios?

If you have BootMii installed as an IOS, you may not be able to access BootMii to restore your Wii's NAND depending on the seriousness of the brick. At the moment, I believe, you can not restore your NAND with BootMii installed as an IOS, only create a backup of it. Only users with BootMii installed as boot2 can both backup and restore their Wii's NAND.
    If I helped you out, Please Thank me vvvv>

Thanks for the reply, yeah thats what i was beginning to understand, so lets say i wanted to softmod that wii that doesnt have boot2 capability right, is there no other way to ever restore it to its normal unmodded state later? for example if i wanted to update it later past 4.2, or for whatever reason.

Well, you can restore it to its unmodded state in many ways. I searched the forums real fast and found this tutorial by Dogeggs >>>How to remove softmods and make your wii a virgin<<< You can follow this to restore your wii without having bootmii.
    If I helped you out, Please Thank me vvvv>