Thread: Duplicate Weather and News Channels

Thanks

Duplicate Weather and News Channels

Hello, I have a Wii that had 4.0U with Homebrew and NeoGamma, I decided it wasn't worth it to keep the hack so I used AnyTitleDeletor and deleted whatever was needed to make my wii a "Virgin". I then formatted my Wii and updated to Wii 4.2U

But there is still 2 Weather and 2 News Channels.

What can I do to take it back to factory settings without any of these things or traces of a hack?

Also, what if I leave it as is, can I get hurt by future updates?

Thanks!

Thanks
    nobody can help?

Somebody?

If I can't remove them duplicates

I just want to know if the duplicate channels can come back to bite me in the ass in the future.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Have you tried anytitle deleter, or deleting from Wii menu. I guess you have.
    A lot of people do not have much knowledge of 4.2, so definitive answers are going to be scarce.
    Do you have a nand backup, if so you can try most things, save all channels to SD card, format Wii, this clears saves and channels, than reload off SD card.

4. 1 User Says Thank You WiiJohn For This Useful Post

Thanks
    I reinstalled HBC

Then I ran the normal "remove softmod guide"

Here

I went into AnyTitle deleter and found several weather and news channels, I just deleted ALL of them (stupid I know)

I then ran NAND Clean, then formatted my wii and connected it to the update server of the wii, it did find an update, although I was already on 4.2, now everything seems ok.

What do you think? am I in the clear?

Thanks

and thanks again WiiJohn

Thanks
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho2550 View Post
    I reinstalled HBC

Then I ran the normal "remove softmod guide"

Here

I went into AnyTitle deleter and found several weather and news channels, I just deleted ALL of them (stupid I know)

I then ran NAND Clean, then formatted my wii and connected it to the update server of the wii, it did find an update, although I was already on 4.2, now everything seems ok.

What do you think? am I in the clear?

Thanks

and thanks again WiiJohn
    Wow, I thought that was a no-no, doing a system update, you say its still working with all your homebrew and loaders. Maybe I misunderstood.
    I think you did more than I suggested, but I would say if its working now leave well alone.

Thanks
    No, I removed all hacks,

My goal was to have a virgin wii. And I followed the guide, but then found that I ended up with duplicate weather and news channels.

So In order to go back in there and to delete the channels, I had to install homebrew channel, remove the weather and news channels, then remove all the softmods, then formatted and updated to get a virgin wii, I hope it stays ok, so far so good!