Thread: Official Places to Get Software?

Official Places to Get Software?

So looking through the forum and else where on the internet, I found that people tend to post links to software that is needed. Most of the time, I found them to be void of the original source and frequently these get out of date.

For instance, in a tutorial here (which I appreciate very much by the way), I found the USB Loader GX to contain an older version of WBFS Manager for x86 only. Links to the official location would be very helpful. I found using Google helpful, but I frequently find sites that look official, but aren't.

How about posting these software links with their official web addresses if available (legal software of course)?

I will start and if anyone else have any please post them here. I will attempt to collect all the official sites and share them here:

Bannerbomb
    BootMii
    USB Loader GX - thanks Dogeggs
    waninkokos blog and contains the official cIOS and apps (non English site) - thanks Dogeggs
    WBFS Manager

Wiiscrubber (authored by Dack, official discussion thread here, download at gbatemp)

NUS WadPacker (Similar to NUS Downloader, no longer actively supported by creator)

Other useful resources:
    Wiki Dedicated to Homebrew on the Nintendo Wii - thanks Dogeggs
    Last edited by irock; 10-19-2009 at 09:10 AM.

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    USB Loader GX has a site here, a lot of stuff comes from wiibrew and all of waninkokos apps/cios can be grabbed from his blog, the best way to get ios/sys menus is via NUS Downloader...or click my sig for a whole bunch of stuff
    Last edited by Dogeggs; 10-13-2009 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogeggs View Post
    USB Loader GX has a site here, a lot of stuff comes from wiibrew and all of waninkokos apps/cios can be grabbed from his blog, the best way to get ios/sys menus is via NUS Downloader...or click my sig for a whole bunch of stuff
    Other than using NUS downloader, is there any other way to get IOS files? Is it illegal or something?

The NUS downloader is confusing to a beginner like me.

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    most ios are in my sig...click it and have a look