Thread: Confused about IOS60patched & preloader

Ca Confused about IOS60patched & preloader

As the title states I've pretty confused about the installation of IOS60patched (in order to play VC/WiiWare games directly from my SD card).

I have the following set-up...

Wii Ver. 4.OU
    Using USB Loader GX Rev 747 IOS249
    Also Using NeoGamma R7
    Softmodded my Wii using the following guide...

How to Store/Load Wii Games via USB Hard Drive on System Menu 4.0 [Slick Tricks Part 2]

I have also downloaded and applied the following IOS' 35,38,53 & 55

What I don't understand is whether I have to first install IOS60 through wadmanager, then install IOS60patched, to patch it. Or do I simply install ISO60 patched, followed by preloader?

Alternatively, how can I tell if I already have installed IOS60?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I read several tutorials and forum posts on the topic and a number of people seem to have a significant deal of trouble after loading one or both of the aforementioned wads/programs.

Oh and lastly, if I do indeed need to load preloader - which version? preloaderv0.29-cred or preloaderv0.29-jodi?

Thanks in advance!

Reinstalling this wont do any harm unless you have already preloader.
    Install ios60patched.wad with wadmanager, then prloader. only install the jodi if you have HBC 1.0.5 or higher

Thank you for the quick reply messie, exactly what I was looking for.

I do have 2 additional questions however. First, I checked the version of HBC under 'about' and saw the following...

ver 1.0.3
    IOS61 v19.26

Is it still safe to install IOS60patched?

Secondly, If I do I need to install preloader (If so I would use preloaderv0.29-cred as I'm currently on HBC ver 1.0.3). How do you? Do I just place the preloaderv0.29-cred.dol & hacks.ini files in the SD Root?

Thanks again

does not conflict with HBC, you can install it. also, make sure you dont touch it after you install preloader. create a preloader folder in apps folder in sd root, place th dol there but rename it to boot.dol. also, place hacks. ini in sd root.. you are on 4 right? this should work

Yup, I'm on 4.

Perfect, I'll install IOS60patched, then preloader through HBC.

Thanks!

Messie - just wanted to let you know, I did exactly as you said and everything worked perfectly - thanks!

nice, enjoy your ride with Wii modded!! enable the hacks you want in prelaoder and remember never to upgrade!!!