Thread: Can DVDx allow you to play regular CDs?

Can DVDx allow you to play regular CDs?

I ask because I don't have a DVD burner, just CD burner and I want to burn some SNES roms to a CD to play them on Snes9xGX for Wii. Would it work?

One way to find out. Try it. What's the worst that could happen?
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tealc View Post
    One way to find out. Try it. What's the worst that could happen?
    I don't want to waste a disc if it doesn't work. I was just askin' here to see if anyone knows for sure. Am I really the only one who wants to do this? I'll try it if I can't get an answer.

It's only a CD, how much do they cost where you live? Surely if you are promoting 'Cash made simple. Cash made easy.' then money would not be that much of a problem to waste one CD.

It's only a CD, how much do they cost where you live? Surely if you are promoting 'Cash made simple. Cash made easy.' then money would not be that much of a problem to waste one CD.
    It's not that they cost a lot or anything, because they don't, I just hate wasting things. But anyway, I tried, and no, it doesn't work . Looks like I finally have enough reasons to just get me a DVD burner already.

Worth trying though. A little bit of me dies every time I make a coaster too.

Worth trying though. A little bit of me dies every time I make a coaster too.
    Yup, although I didn't exactly test roms on an emu. I tried a disc I burned a while back with music on it in MPlayer. It couldn't even mount it, so I assumed no other app could.