Soft modding new Wii (LH 25....) 4.2
I'm new here and on the wii modding scene; in the last 3 days I surfed a lot in saerch of a clear answer to my questions about my brand new wii. Please forgive me if my doubt seems silly but I'm a little bit confused. So, starting from the beginnig, I bought a Wii about a week ago I suppose it's a very new model (S/N LH25......., the one that ships with the rubben case for the wiimote).
I managed to install the Homebrew Channel and BootMii as an IOS.
Now the questions:
- can I run backup games from USB on this new Wii?
- is there a "bulletproof" method to hack the Wii to run backup games from USB on this new Wii?
I tried various way to perform this hack, including trying to install cIOS without any result.
<Sarcasm to be added later, im too tired to take the piss>
thanks davepm, I have already seen and read this guide. I had two doubt on that:
Originally Posted by davepm
- not sure this guide apply on the new Wii model
- not sure it is so "safe" (somewhere i read of bricked systems)
I understand your sarcasm but please understand my total lack of knowledge on "wii" matter.
This worked for me:
[Guide] Amarokz Softmod Wii 4.2 Guide v1.0 - GBAtemp.net
all my installs had to be done by running cboot2 first.
hey morgan, wrt your two doubts:
- yes it applies to all models just make sure you follow the instructions closely
- there is no 100% safe mods out there, it's a risk you'll have to take if you wanna mod.
thank you all for your replies!
Full hacking guide for 4.2 system menus!!!! - Page 70
tha guide worked for me!
Tags for this Thread