Thread: I've gotten rid of the Homebrew Channel is it safe to update?

I've gotten rid of the Homebrew Channel is it safe to update?

I've been searching everywhere for some help...
    basically if i reamove the homebrew channel and then I update will I brick my wii?
    I don't want the homebrew channel btw
    Thanks^^

Quote Originally Posted by baby toadette View Post
    I've been searching everywhere for some help...
    basically if i reamove the homebrew channel and then I update will I brick my wii?
    I don't want the homebrew channel btw
    Thanks^^
    Why do you want to update? If you use Official update there is a small chance of brick but you will lose acess to homebrew, which means you will lose acess to bootmii , backups etc. Need more info than what you have given us.

i think it is best if you dont update it

or you can follow a tutorial on here but there is no guarantee that it is safe

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dr34m3r View Post
    Why do you want to update? If you use Official update there is a small chance of brick but you will lose acess to homebrew, which means you will lose acess to bootmii , backups etc. Need more info than what you have given us.
    basically i loaded the boot.dol and just deleated it from there along with the ticket

really i'm looking for a link for the hack remover,AnyTitleDeleter and
    SystemMenu-v2xx.WAD

all i really want to know is that if i got to settings and look for an update wii i brick my wii?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baby toadette View Post
    basically i loaded the boot.dol and just deleated it from there along with the ticket

really i'm looking for a link for the hack remover,AnyTitleDeleter and
    SystemMenu-v2xx.WAD

all i really want to know is that if i got to settings and look for an update wii i brick my wii?

thanks
    Most likely no but there is always a small chance. If you really want to update your Wii I would recommend using Waninkoko Updater 4.1 becuase you really don't gain anything updating to 4.2.

4.2 brings nothing new and was just an excuse for Nintendo to try and block Homebrew.

well when i try to run hack remover it says it's failed
    Deleting /shared2/hacks.ini ... failed : -106
    Deleting /shared2/hacks_s.ini ... failed : -106

what should i do?????

(4.0e wii)
    Last edited by baby toadette; 10-06-2009 at 06:58 AM.

like everyone else said, 4.2 sucks for softmodders. I can only assume you want to clean up your wii and send it in for warranty...

either way, try this guide

http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...ii-virgin.html

be careful when removing IOS', I'd hate to see you here saying you deleted your system menu =p

oh and err should i delete ios254?

do NOT update. It's never worth the risk, especially when your messing around with homebrew stuff. If it ain't broke dont fix it kid.