Thread: Virgin Wii Issues!

Thanks

Virgin Wii Issues!

Since purchasing my wii i have updated it using the official nintendo updates to system version 4.0. I then got onto the homebrew scene and installed homebrew using bannerbomb. I then downgraded from 4.0 to 3.2 so i can use wad manager and install some wads. I have also installed some programs from the hombrew channel such as emulators, dvdx etc. I would now like to update my wii using the official updates to the current version but im afraid this will brick my wii. Although i have enjoyed my time on the homebrew scene i would like to delete everything associated with homebrew and return to a virgin wii where i can install authentic updates etc. Is this possible? If so what do i need and how do i do it? Thanks for your help. Much appreciated if you could help me!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,104 Times in 2,453 Posts
    If you don't want any homebrew, and this means no wads, no free Wiiware/VC, emulators, backup games (unless hardmodded too), media playing, dvd playing etc, just update to 4.2, it'll take it all away.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealc View Post
    If you don't want any homebrew, and this means no wads, no free Wiiware/VC, emulators, backup games (unless hardmodded too), media playing, dvd playing etc, just update to 4.2, it'll take it all away.
    Even though i have downgraded using Mr W's guide and installed wads, channels etc will this be perfectley save? I havent hardmodded the wii whatsoever.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,104 Times in 2,453 Posts
    The update is designed by Nintendo to delete HBC and all the normal piracy IOS files and stub them. You may have a few residual channels that will no longer work though which will need removing through Wii settings.

Unless your Wii is modified to be a different region then you should be fine. e.g. Korean Wii with USA System Menu.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

5. 1 User Says Thank You Tealc For This Useful Post