Thread: What will happen....?

Thanks

What will happen....?

i have tried to search around the forums as I am sure this question has been asked before but not too sure what terms to use - sorry for being a n00b

just want to know what will happen (im guessing a bricked wii) if nintendo release a new system upgrade and i apply it the 'nintendo way'

i am currently running system 4.0e and have the hbc and the softmod exploit - is it advisible (any benifits) to upgrade?

cheers

Retired Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jurassicpets View Post
    i have tried to search around the forums as I am sure this question has been asked before but not too sure what terms to use - sorry for being a n00b

just want to know what will happen (im guessing a bricked wii) if nintendo release a new system upgrade and i apply it the 'nintendo way'

i am currently running system 4.0e and have the hbc and the softmod exploit - is it advisible (any benifits) to upgrade?

cheers
    its by no means a guaranteed brick, or even guaranteed to disable your mods, BUT your always best to check on the forums before you do it with a new update, or, if you want to get to 4.1 safely, you could use waninkoko's 4.1 updater.

3. 1 User Says Thank You davepm For This Useful Post

Thanks
    cheers for that - done a quick search and find a couple of threads relating to the updater, does it matter about PAL, NTSC or JPN as cant see any info or differnt versions relating to that

Retired Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 831 Posts
    ive not used it myself, but i beleive its region Free.