Thread: Complete noob Help

Us Complete noob Help

Hi, Im new and trying to understand Wii modding. I have done some PS2 modding and now I want to do some Wii modding.

Im going to get a brand new Wii and I want to use a Wiikey to "back up my games". I will use a Wiikey or Wiikey 2 or Wiikey fusion.

Which should I use?
    I can burn my games, but It would be easier to use some kind of SD card
    I dont want a premod.
    I dont want to get bricked
    I want it to be easy.

Suggestions?
    And I need help on what the Wii people will do If they find out...Will they ban my Wii or Will an upgrade make my Wii useless......IK im a noob. I couldnt make sense of all the confusion on these boards. THANK YOU.

Us

Did some more researching and I guess Wiikey 1 is out...

Wiikey 2 is out now and Fusion isnt out yet. I suppose I will get Wiikey2...do i need t flash the drive or update anything when I install it. I probably will get a premodded board and open the Wii up and put it in....Still waiting on other help on updates for Wii and the Wiikey....???

google wii soft mod 4.1 2009 5 mins and done no bricking what so ever

Retired Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by gosblo View Post
    google wii soft mod 4.1 2009 5 mins and done no bricking what so ever
    no, dont google it, just look at the forum, there is an excellent guide to softmodding a wii, no need to weatch crappy youtube videos with a guy and his dodgy moustach.

The really isnt any need for a chip anymore, unless thats what you really want, just about as much can be obtained by softmodding.

some people prefer a chip, so its a personal choice.

for softmodding, all you need is: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html
    Last edited by davepm; 09-27-2009 at 07:07 AM.

Us

what about when my Wii says it needs to update?

Retired WiiHacks Staff ShadowSonic2's Avatar
    Preloader allows you to block disc updates so your homebrew stays intact. If a newer IOS comes out that is needed by a game, you can simply install it via WAD Manager

I will actually answer your question.

Get the wiikey 2 for modding. 6 wire install and works on almost all drives except the new drives. I wouldn't get the fusion yet but if you are looking for a great chip that is solderless and cheap try the sunkey lite.

No nead to pay a lot for a solderless chip. I use wiikey 2 whenever I can and I have a few sunkey Lite for the D3 drives.

lets go to the softmod.......I see how to do it all but what is it that actually makes my Wii able to play backups. AND get I get a summary of the guide just to know wtf am i doing? I can follow directions but id like to know exactly what im doing. thanks.