Thread: Emulate an "Apple aiport express with airtune" on a Wii

Emulate an "Apple aiport express with airtune" on a Wii

Hello,

I am using now my wii extensively as a media center to read my Divx (MplayerCE), watch the last cable show on my TV (Playon). But now, I am looking for a good way to listen to my music...

I am an Ipod user. Thus, I have a PC with must of my music on Itune. With the Ipod/Iphone, I can control my Itune on my PC remotely very nicely. Now I would like a way to send this music to my stereo in my living room (connected to my Wii).

I also would like to be able to listen to Pandora on my stereo (connected to my Wii)

I know, I can read my PC music via Orb or SMB but those can't match the features of itune/Iphone.

The great solution I found is the "Apple aiport express with airtune" but this is 100$.

Is there a way to emulate this application on a Wii? Basically send the Audio signal from a Pc through Wifi to my Wii.

Thanks,
    zorba.

zorba the greek? lol

Stupid apple charging all the things of the world..

Retired Staff
    next week, apple take over Nintendo, and they bring you.....the....iWii .

the already taken over my kitchen, with my new iKEttle, iToaster and iSink.....

@OP: i dont think its something your gonna be able to emulate tbh. Just stick with SMB.

There is probably not a solution right now I agree. But it seems to be doable. I know Unix systems have card sound forwarding for years.

There are also other systems on the market that the apple one:
    squeezebox (with shoutcast)
    Linksys media receiver

Thinking a little bit more about this, an alternative could be to just install an FM transmeiter on my PC (quite cheap).