Thread: Advice for how to play WiiWare titles from SD card

Advice for how to play WiiWare titles from SD card

Hi everyone, i hope you are all well today.

I would like to know how to play WiiWare titles via the new SD menu feature in 4.0 and above.

I have downloaded a nice looking title via a torrent site..() and would like to now how to play it.

It is a wad file, i tried putting it on my SD card and when i looked into the SD card menu there was no sign of it.

Please could someone advise me on how to procceed?

Thankyou for all your help.

Edit: Apoligies for the bad title, i should of put help at the end..

Regards, mistados.
    Last edited by mistados; 09-24-2009 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Lame title

install the wad using wadmanager, then move it by dragging it with A+B to the sd card icon, bottom left. On the SD card should not be a boot.elf file, not a private folder, and your ios60 should be patched for it to work

I see,

I removed the softmod earlier, can i achieve the same ability to play the title via HBC?

no wiiware titles should be isntalled through wadmanager and you need ios60 patched to play them

Thankyou for your help.

Might be a stupid question, but If I use the patched IOS 60 so that VC wads will work, is there a down side to that as far as functionality of my original games or anything online?

no problem at all. mind that you must not have prelaoder installed for this to work