Thread: Memory Card Issues

Thanks

Memory Card Issues

Ok so i got myself a 128mb wii/gamecube memory card off ebay a couple of weeks back so i could play the gamecube games on the wii. it worked fine for about half a dozen saves of wind waker and at least 2 turns of dora. the problem is that while my son was playing dora the game wouldn't save mid game and told me the memory card needed formatting which i did (thankfully not that far into wind waker yet)...now it wont save/load any game at all and keeps telling me it needs formatting despite already doing it.

does anyone out there have the slightest idea how to fix the card so i can save again? and how i can stop it from corrupting mid game again?...my son really wants to play dora (hes 5 so its one of the few games he can play without difficulty)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 418 Posts
    The problem with the chinese mem cards which I'm assuming you bought is that they have the tendancy to crap out quite easily and if you can find a Nyko one buuy it as I've been using mine for a few years now with no trouble or even an official one if you can find one.

Thanks
    im not sure if it was a chinese one or not...it is white and just says "Wii 128MB MEMORY CARD" on it....so i am best getting a new card then? is there no way to fix this one?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 418 Posts
    Thats pretty much a chinese one, white with no brand name and like I said either find an official one or a good 3rd party one like nyko.

5. 1 User Says Thank You Favs For This Useful Post

Thanks
    ok thanks ...guess im off to ebay for a look for a better card