Thread: Major confusion

Major confusion

I just got an external hard drive. i checked, it fits the list of wii compatible drives. But how do i partition the drive, and install some sort of usb loader to be able to run back ups of games straight from the hard drive? A step by step explanation would be appreciated, I searched and results were contradicting themselves, and I really dont wanna screw this up.I have the drive, and the only other thing is, I have the homebrew channel and Gecko. Partitioning is the main issue, I'm not even sure how to do the FAT32 thing, and command script isnt working
    Last edited by Footie; 09-23-2009 at 12:27 PM.

Retired Staff
    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...sb-loader.html should offer you all the help you need.

another problem. I'm running Vista, but I need a FAT32 drive larger than the ones that Vista can make(32 gb)... is there any software I can use to get around this problem?

Retired Staff
    why does your fat32 drive need to be larger than that?

you need WBFS for wii iso's.

FAT32 for your apps/covers/wads etc.

Anything else as NTFS for using on your PC.

oh I thought the FAT32 was for iso's. Oh the joy of being a n00b. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by davepm View Post
    why does your fat32 drive need to be larger than that?

you need WBFS for wii iso's.

FAT32 for your apps/covers/wads etc.

Anything else as NTFS for using on your PC.
    i currently have a 1TB external harddrive. I partitioned it into a 500Gb wbfs drive and a 431 fat32 drive. Why 431gb as fat32? Because if you want to watch movies using MPlayerCE, it also requires that your drive is FAT32.

You need to download a program like Easeus partitioner in order to partition a drive bigger than 32gb.