Thread: Bricked wii- is this a recoverable situation?

Bricked wii- is this a recoverable situation?

OK well i unstalled some wads from the wad manager then my wii froze and now it turns on but no screen. Im pretty sure i uninstalled some ios's but anyway i never backed up my nand but is it still on thw wii? Is it possible to recover by using a sd card and bootmii to reinstall them please help.

thanks

ps:i couldnt find a topic having my situation if so,sorry.

Mistake 1 you uninstalled ios's with wad manager NEVER DO THAT, mistake 2 you havn't backed up your nand as for if the problem is fixable I doubt it but I'm no expert on bricked Wiis so I cant be of much help.

thanks man. can boot mii boot the wii up instead of the wii old stuff? and for future reference should i use wad manager to only install orginal ios's over patched ones when i want to start something over?

Quote Originally Posted by dbsg16 View Post
    thanks man. can boot mii boot the wii up instead of the wii old stuff? and for future reference should i use wad manager to only install orginal ios's over patched ones when i want to start something over?
    I'm not 100% sure about doing that but I'm sure theres a few users who could probably help you out more than me.

ya im gonna need to find someone then

Retired Staff
    IF you can boot into bootmii, and IF you can then run HBC, there MIGHT be a chance you can recover. Make sure yo uhave the bootmii files on your SD card and see if you can boot it and HBC.

If you can't run HBC...use cboot2 which replaces your bootmii folder. cboot2 will load a special version of wad manager allowing you to replace Wads as required.

Which wads you reinstall rather depends on what you deleted.

I have cboot2 in my mediafire(unbricking folder), click my signature.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.