Thread: Another brawl issue. Need ideas on getting it working...

Thanks

Another brawl issue. Need ideas on getting it working...

Recently I updated my Wii to 4.1J and found out that scrubbed versions of brawl don't work with firmware past 3.2. Since then I tried looking for a way of getting the game working again without needing to downgrade my firmware. Gave up on that idea after a while...

Instead I bought some DVD+R DL and downloaded the 8.1gb versions (PAL-Wii-Wiierd) to be precise and started burning with imgburn on 2.4x with Layer Breaks at 2084960.

As far as I know, I've done what's been recommended by people here. Yet the game just gives me a blank screen when I press "start" on the menu. I've had a few occasions where it's basically given me a japanese message telling me to switch off the Wii. I'm assuming that's the same error as the english eject screen.

I don't get it though. I can see the DVD being read, the title screen shows up but when I try to open it. Nothing. What could I be doing wrong? Is it a region problem or something? But I tried loading with Wii backup launcher and it still has the same problem. Unless of course I didn't actually burn brawl as a backup DVD.

2. 1 User Says Thank You KeroKai For This Useful Post

Thanks
    It's fine. I managed to look up some more information and managed to get it working through another method. Thanks. This thread can be locked/deleted.

4. 1 User Says Thank You KeroKai For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KeroKai View Post
    Recently I updated my Wii to 4.1J and found out that scrubbed versions of brawl don't work with firmware past 3.2. Since then I tried looking for a way of getting the game working again without needing to downgrade my firmware. Gave up on that idea after a while...

Instead I bought some DVD+R DL and downloaded the 8.1gb versions (PAL-Wii-Wiierd) to be precise and started burning with imgburn on 2.4x with Layer Breaks at 2084960.

As far as I know, I've done what's been recommended by people here. Yet the game just gives me a blank screen when I press "start" on the menu. I've had a few occasions where it's basically given me a japanese message telling me to switch off the Wii. I'm assuming that's the same error as the english eject screen.

I don't get it though. I can see the DVD being read, the title screen shows up but when I try to open it. Nothing. What could I be doing wrong? Is it a region problem or something? But I tried loading with Wii backup launcher and it still has the same problem. Unless of course I didn't actually burn brawl as a backup DVD.
    try using DVD-r instead of + R.

don

6. 1 User Says Thank You brianaudio For This Useful Post

Thanks
    i'm having the same problem now. whad did you find to fix the problem?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KeroKai View Post

If you are using Waninkokos cIOS38rev14 you need to go back to using cIOS38rev13a as rev14 breaks dual layer support

Retired Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 831 Posts
    or you can run ssbb with hermes 222/223, thats what im using from USB loader, and it works fine.