Thread: What to do with non-native update

What to do with non-native update

Hi,

I am running 3.1U, my system was modded and hacked by the shop. I am not sure what they did, but I can play backed-up disc and there is HBC on the system as well as Gecko. I've been tempted to try and upgrade to 3.2U, but nothing is broken or non-playable yet, so I'm holding off.

I just downloaded a copy of PAL Wii fit because my NTSC Wii is not using standard metric system. But the disc is asking me to update.

I read here that non-native update will semi-brick the system.

So what should I do?
    Last edited by moth2daflame; 09-16-2009 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moth2daflame View Post
    Hi,

I am running 3.1U, my system was modded and hacked by the shop. I am not sure what they did, but I can play backed-up disc and there is HBC on the system as well as Gecko. I've been tempted to try and upgrade to 3.2U, but nothing is broken or non-playable yet, so I'm holding off.

I just downloaded a copy of PAL Wii fit because my NTSC Wii is not using standard metric system. But the disc is asking me to update.

I read here that non-native update will semi-brick the system.

So what should I do?
    Could you please explain the bolded in more detail and don't update it.

EDIT: You might want to install Starfall or update to 4.1 and use Start Patch instead as they can remove the disc update check.

For more information go here:
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/Starfall
    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/StartPatch
    Last edited by Favs; 09-16-2009 at 02:13 AM.

i think he means NTSC WSR uses libres, miles per hour, inches,(imperial system) while he wants to use kilograms, kilometers per hour and meters (System International). It s really a wonder why americans do not also use a seperate unit for time also...

Quote Originally Posted by messie View Post
    i think he means NTSC WSR uses libres, miles per hour, inches,(imperial system) while he wants to use kilograms, kilometers per hour and meters (System International). It s really a wonder why americans do not also use a seperate unit for time also...
    So he wants to use the good system of measurement. lol

You know us Americans have that daylight savings crap. Does that count as a different system for time?

We have daylight savings here in AUS.

I mean that my Wii Fit is US version, it uses lbs. instead of kilograms.

So I wonder if the PAL (European version) will be different. I downloaded it but it wants me to update my system.

Again, I've been reading up on many guides, cIOS, WAD, etc.... , quite a learning cuve. I remember coming across that 3.2U is the recommended version, so should I go to 4.1?

Is there ayway to get the Wii Fit (PAL) to work without the update which probably will brick my Wii?

I believe the US version has an option where you can change from lbs to kg i mean NTSC-U games are sold to canadians as well and the french canadians use metric last i checked.

Quote Originally Posted by sociallyantisocial View Post
    I believe the US version has an option where you can change from lbs to kg i mean NTSC-U games are sold to canadians as well and the french canadians use metric last i checked.
    I've look through all of the options but I cannot find where to change the units...