Thread: softmod doubt, can anyone help please?

Thanks

softmod doubt, can anyone help please?

Hi guys, new in here, back in the days i was a good xbox1 softmoder, but lost interest in consoles, and never did'it again, now i have a friend that wants to softmod hes wii to be able to play backups, no internet or any fancy stuff, just play backups, anyway i did my homework cus i dont want to bother for nothing, and found so much info, i really get lost, so i read the forums here http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html and looks like a nice guide, but then i went to some other site and read that i need a certain game to be able to softmod my friends wii, so the main question is,do i have to have a certain original game to softmod my friends wii or do i just follw the guide here with the sd card and online instrucctions? thanks for any advice....

Retired Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 831 Posts
    follow the guide you linked.

The other site you read about is out of date. You no longer need Zelda to hack your Wii.

Thanks
    thats what i needed to know, thanks alot. ill post results here, thanks again....

Thanks
    Im at my friends house, he upgraded the wii to 4.1u so will this guide be ok with this wii firmaware? model rvl-001, thanks

Retired Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abispac View Post
    Im at my friends house, he upgraded the wii to 4.1u so will this guide be ok with this wii firmaware? model rvl-001, thanks
    read the title of the threadyou linked