Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: quickie

quickie

after installing boot mii and backing up the nand, is this file used to sort your wii out if you semi-brick it whilst installing things on it.

many thanks

Yes but it can also save you from full and low-level bricks too.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

many thanks i assume if you do get problems then using boot mii you just use the gears to re-install the NAND and this will rectify the brick problems?

also my mate has broke the disc option ( jammed 2 in there ) and now will only play off the hard drive , which is the most compatible usb game loader.

top man

Don't think you needed to post this and pm me the exact same message.

I like USB Loader GX but then I also like having MC Hammer as my background music
    with it. They're all pretty compatible, it's the devices that vary.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

Before you go mucking up your wii make sure your nand backup will work there is a bug in bootmii 0.3 which makes your nand backup read as it is for a different system. This has been fixed in bootmii 0.4 test.

this is where i`m struggling the boot mii thingy is installed as part of a download from the binaries, wot is boot mii 0.4 where do i get it and can it be installed over the one i put on or should it be the very first thing i install.

thanks for your help you really know your stuff

Quote Originally Posted by huggybear518 View Post
    this is where i`m struggling the boot mii thingy is installed as part of a download from the binaries, wot is boot mii 0.4 where do i get it and can it be installed over the one i put on or should it be the very first thing i install.

thanks for your help you really know your stuff
    Well if you used the bannerbomb exploit with hackmii you have the option of installing bootmii as boot2 if you have a pre novemeber 2008 wii. Since you have HBC installed click the link in my signature and download the latest installer. put the boot.elf on your sd like so:

sd:\apps\bootmii

rename boot.elf to boot.dol and run it from the HBC.
    Last edited by sociallyantisocial; 09-14-2009 at 10:35 AM. Reason: fixed spelling errors

SO i have downloaded bootmii 0.4 after putting on the root of the sd card i run it from the homebrew channel on the wii i`m about to soft mod and using the gears i make a nand back-up .

after soft-modding is it right to assume that should anything go wrong i then hold the power button to access bootmii and then using the icon of sd to wii , i will be able to return the wii to its pre-cocked up state using the backed up nand.

am i getting any of this right ?

and p.s can io install 0.4 over 0.3 ?

thanks for helping me fella.

Quote Originally Posted by huggybear518 View Post
    SO i have downloaded bootmii 0.4 after putting on the root of the sd card i run it from the homebrew channel on the wii i`m about to soft mod and using the gears i make a nand back-up .

after soft-modding is it right to assume that should anything go wrong i then hold the power button to access bootmii and then using the icon of sd to wii , i will be able to return the wii to its pre-cocked up state using the backed up nand.

am i getting any of this right ?

and p.s can io install 0.4 over 0.3 ?

thanks for helping me fella.
    I installed 0.4 over 0.3 and it has worked flawlessly. I am curious before i answer your other questions did you install it as boot2 or IOS?

boot2 , why`s that...am i getting the thought process right regarding recovery of the wii I.E is this why thye nand back-up is made?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast