Thread: Mario Kart not working since upgrade

Mario Kart not working since upgrade

So I was on 3.2U and I used softmii + preloader. Mario Kart worked fine. I then upgraded to 4.1U and redid the same hack, but now when I insert the Mario Kart disc, the wii says it can't read it.

if your having an issue with the current version why not follow a tut found on this forum to revert back to the legendery 3.2

it could simply be a problem Cios im sure while browsing the forum i noticed a new version of the Cios used for "backed up" games was availible its worth checking out
    coreylad europe (PAL)

3.2E >> HBC >> usb loader >> samsung 120GB hdd

Hmm maybe, but don't some new games that come out only work with 4.1 or something?

I have found that the Wii may have an issue depending on the age & serial number, I have first hand experience of this using 2 PAL models with the same hacks installed, both behaved differently.
    I say, if it ain't broke don't fix it, I am finally having great success with 3.2 Firmware, and USB Loader CFG, & cIOS Rev14.
    If Desperate I would rather purchase 1 original, than totally upset the apple cart if everything else works ok.
    You cant always have your cake and eat it...

Good point, thanks for the answer! I guess I'll try and install cios rev14 first and if that doesn't work, use bootmii to restore back to my 3.2. However, I bought my wii a while back and it doesn't have any of the problems I've heard of.

just to inform you, newer games won't need an upgrade, just to get ioses 38, 50 53, 55 patched...

Yeah, I just learned that like an hour ago. I'm going to rehack my wii. I found 2 very useful articles just in case anyone else wanted them. They really helped me understand a lot more about wii hacking.

Very good explaination of current wii hack methods:
    Noob Starter Guide - GBAtemp.net

Cleaner, faster way to hack:
    * * * Simplistic mod - A MUST FOR ALL NEWBIES * * * - GBAtemp.net

Thanks for the replies everyone!

actually it s almost the same with the one we have here.. but nevermind..