Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Beatles Rock Band Instruments Not Working

Thanks

Beatles Rock Band Instruments Not Working

I've tried a dozen different tutorials on getting instruments to work with Rock Band itself, but I still can't get the new Beatles Rock Band to see my microphone or my wireless guitar.

When I run the tutorial on
    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...ont-work-7.htm
    I get an error (-1017 I think) after step 15. Obviously this is probably where my problem comes in - so does anyone know how to get ciosinstaller to do "Custom IOS37 with IOS36 rev7 dip as IOS249" without an error?

I figured that other people might have this same problem so its own thread might be a good idea.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks
    Hi! I actually have the exact same problem with the exact same error code. Kinda sucks. I could install the Custom IOS37 but as IOS232, and used softchip to launch rockband backups and the instruments work fine. But the problem is, that The Beatles rockband doesn't launch on the IOS 232 =S. The game launches perfectly in the NeoGamma launcher as IOS249, but the instruments don't work.

So if anyone knows something, well, thank you very much!

Thanks
    i have a question... I have been trying to get beatles rock band to work for 2 days.... figure 4 hours each of the past 2 days.... I have read and read and read posts but I am either a retard or am missing something ...

The question... Is it assumed everyone is using an external hard drive attached to the wii usb's and are loading the game through a usb loader that way and it works? meaning will this get the games guitar and drums to sync properly?

or are they loading it with a dvd-r they burned through for example neogamma which i can load fine but the instruments do not sync properly except the microphone being that it is wired obviously?

Also how do you pick in a loader which cios or ios if i said it wrong to load??? i cant figure this stuff out..!!!
    Last edited by puleo76; 09-06-2009 at 08:40 AM.

Thanks
    hi guys, first post here :-)

read the thread here on gbatemp to get more info from people like me with exactly the same issues. apparently direct from usb loaders work, or at least one of them does, with rock band instruments. I'm going to give it a shot today, I use dvd backups but am hosting a beatles rock band party tonight and don't want to settle for my gh3 guitar and generic (crappy) usb mic (both of which do by the way work with rock band beatles on the wwi on iso 249, it's just rb instruments that don't work unless you use the correct usb loader instead of a disc loader).

also lots of info there to get you up and running if you're having basic operating issues.

by the way puleo it just worked for me on neogamma 7 r14 with 002 fix turned on and force ntsc progressive (in my case what I need).

cheers
    D

Thanks
    hi guys, first post here :-)

read the thread here on gbatemp to get more info from people like me with exactly the same issues. apparently direct from usb loaders work, or at least one of them does, with rock band instruments. I'm going to give it a shot today, I use dvd backups but am hosting a beatles rock band party tonight and don't want to settle for my gh3 guitar and generic (crappy) usb mic (both of which do by the way work with rock band beatles on the wwi on iso 249, it's just rb instruments that don't work unless you use the correct usb loader instead of a disc loader).

also lots of info there to get you up and running if you're having basic operating issues.

by the way puleo it just worked for me on neogamma 7 r14 with 002 fix turned on and force ntsc progressive (in my case what I need).

cheers
    D

Thanks
    thanks, ill give it a try!

Thanks
    i tried it... the problem isnt getting the game loaded, i can do that already...

The problem is i cannot get the guitar or drums to sync. I can get the mic only to work.

Idk how what I need to do to get a loader change the ios it uses 2 load .

Thanks
    I FINALLY GOT THE GAME TO WORK OFF A 4 GIG SD CARD and usb card reader USING ULOADER WITH forced cios 223... I tried so many things but i think it was abandoning the backuploader and focusing on usb loading with a usb hardrive or in my case a card reader. Installing the cios 222/223 custom ios and using uloader 3.0... If I got it anyone should be able to. I was just about to give up.....
    Last edited by rasseyed; 09-06-2009 at 06:13 PM.

Thanks
    i cant figure this stuff out... im usually very good with this sort of stuff and I just dont understand what I am doing wrong.. I have installed custom ios files to the wii... I have added loaders to the s.d card and through neogamma the game loads but not with guitar or drum sync working...

How do I get the loader to pick an ios??

Thanks
    I think I can sum up part of what has been so confusing....

Here's what I'm trying to do....

I can RUN the game just fine from a backup disc. It runs great and allows the microphone and any Guitar Hero guitars to work (the one with the wii controller inside) but not the actual Rock Band instruments (I have one wireless guitar but not the drums, however I imagine they don't work either).

People that have said "I got it to work" SEEM TO BE either
    1) running it from a hard drive
    2) running the game but not with rock band instruments
    3) running it with a cioscorps hacked wii (which I've heard not to do)

I THINK most of us with the problems are trying to run FROM the backup disc with ROCK BAND instruments and NOT by having to CIOSCORPS our Wiis.

I hope that makes sense and I hope someone comes up with the answer in simple - step by step directions.

11. 4 Users Say Thank You to ohmyjosh For This Useful Post

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast