Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: wii firmware updater 4.1 offline? :) possible or not?? :confused:

  1. #1

    Unhappy wii firmware updater 4.1 offline? :) possible or not?? :confused:

    hi. i have softmodded my wii version 3.4u and i want to update to 4.1 with firmware updater offline. I dont have internet connection in my home so i can download file in my office. Is there any way i can update my system menu to 4.1without live internet connection.
    Any help will be appreciated.


  2. #2
    yes, find system menu 4.1 for your region, as a wad file. install cios249rev14, if you don't have it already, then install ios60 patched, then with wad manager install sysmenu.wad. thats it!

  3. #3
    I am a bit of a noob, would I be able to do this with NUS Downloader because you can get WADs of the system menus from there.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Quote Originally Posted by bugmenotnot View Post
    I am a bit of a noob, would I be able to do this with NUS Downloader because you can get WADs of the system menus from there.
    Yes, you can get your appropriate system menu 4.1 from an NUSD download. You cannot, of course, get the cIOS249rev14 or IOS60patched.wad via NUSD

  5. #5
    NUS download gets the originals right from N... is that right??

  6. #6
    New Member sociallyantisocial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Posts
    706
    Yes NUS gives you access to the system menus straight from the nintendo servers

  7. #7
    New Member sociallyantisocial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Posts
    706
    Why they still have the files at the same address on this server is beyond me. I like to think it helps Theta's theory that nintendo wants us to use homebrew....

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Quote Originally Posted by messie View Post
    NUS download gets the originals right from N... is that right??
    Hi Messie,

    Yes, the NUS Downloader allows one to access the Nintendo Update Servers. Using the NUSD, one can then download and pack the system menus and other system title offerings into WADS.

  9. #9
    i`ve got a usa console thats been updated via wii music pal (semi brick) how can i get it back to normal i.e. flash new usa firmware because when i download it via this prog it creates loads of folders

    regards

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by teerak2uk View Post
    i`ve got a usa console thats been updated via wii music pal (semi brick) how can i get it back to normal i.e. flash new usa firmware because when i download it via this prog it creates loads of folders

    regards
    See where it says this. You have to find the system menu you want for your region, I believe Dogeggs has them in his sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by messie View Post
    yes, find system menu 4.1 for your region, as a wad file. install cios249rev14, if you don't have it already, then install ios60 patched, then with wad manager install sysmenu.wad. thats it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •