Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 360 Hard drive question

Thanks

360 Hard drive question

Hey guys,

I was looking at my friends hard drive and it is listed at 14 gigs, 4 of which are taken up by system software. I was just wondering if this is normal? I know that everyone lists the hard drive at 20 gigs. Perhaps microsoft doesn't think we need the xtra 6 gigs

Thanks
    That's normal. The operating system takes up alot space. And you have free space allocated for cache. And some allocated for future updates, etc.

Thanks
    yep. good reply jitterugjohnny. have yall heard anything about bigger hard drives, like an 80 or 100 GB? i thought i saw a picture off a 80 GB hard drive somewhere and want to know if any rumor has materialized.

Thanks
    Alot of people I know have practically filled up their hard drives already. I am going to assume that larger hard drives will be made available in the near future. with the 60 gig sony hard drive and the ability to change hard drives microsoft would be stupid to not make one available.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    That's normal. The operating system takes up alot space. And you have free space allocated for cache. And some allocated for future updates, etc.
    Thanks for the response I was kinda worried that some were defective.

Thanks
    There's a rumor that M$ will release another HDD to compete with the PS3's 60+ gig drive.. first quarter of next year.

I think 14 gigs is enough (unless you're somehow playing games off your HDD). You won't have more tha 150 megs for game saves, so the rest is basically for movie downloads (around 200-400 megs) and demos (500-1gig).

The only problem is backwards compatibility.. which apparently takes up 4 gigs initially (?).

Thanks
    They would be smart to release bigger drives, cheap as they can too. With the release of the HD-DVD drvie, i would assume larger hard drives will be next. im kind of surprised they havent done so yet
    Rrrrrol up the Rrrrrrim Stats:

"Please play again" = 25
    Free Coffee/Donut = 4

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aflyingcow View Post
    There's a rumor that M$ will release another HDD to compete with the PS3's 60+ gig drive.. first quarter of next year.

I think 14 gigs is enough (unless you're somehow playing games off your HDD). You won't have more tha 150 megs for game saves, so the rest is basically for movie downloads (around 200-400 megs) and demos (500-1gig).

The only problem is backwards compatibility.. which apparently takes up 4 gigs initially (?).
    Do you have to download a program to run backwards compatibility?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nave View Post
    They would be smart to release bigger drives, cheap as they can too. With the release of the HD-DVD drvie, i would assume larger hard drives will be next. im kind of surprised they havent done so yet
    They are probably waiting for the holiday rush to be over. That way they can sell out the warehouses full of 360's with their 20 gigs drive and pack in as many games as possible to keep the price down.

Thanks
    i doubt there will be a bigger drive, you won't even use up most of it anyways

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast