Thread: i have a wii key 2 mod chip can i safely do system upgrades on games?

i have a wii key 2 mod chip can i safely do system upgrades on games?

i just had a wii key 2 chip put in and when i try certain games they say that i need to perform a wii system upgrade. When i click on this it says that my console may become inoperable if i proceed if it has an unauthorized technical modification. Can i upgrade these games without stuffing up the console? Any help would be appreciated

WATCH OUT !! -- an un-expected updating with out-of-region game disc may brick the Wii console.
    bricking means console may become inoperable.

wiikey2 has update-blocking feature, u may like to set it up for "protection".
    b4 u do any UPGRADE, read more threads 4 ur benefits. would u?

how can i set it up for protection?

Thanks billyhome.
    i would be more than happy to set my wii up for protection but i dunno? ive read lots of threads... how do you turn the system upgrade of? (maybe) do you need to update the chip with a dvd? thanks again for your advice i havent done any upgrades as of yet

???

I cant work out how to access the update blocking feature? and thus how to set it up for protection? i did not install the chip myself is this why? thanks again...

Retired WiiHacks Staff ShadowSonic2's Avatar
    I'm not sure if i'm right but doesn't the wiikey v2 have a config disc? You should be able to find it on google.

Quote Originally Posted by tarkin View Post
    I cant work out how to access the update blocking feature? and thus how to set it up for protection? i did not install the chip myself is this why? thanks again...
    access the wiikey2 website and get the manual, the downloads....