Thread: Got my fully bricked wii fixed by nintendo (for free)

Wink Got my fully bricked wii fixed by nintendo (for free)

Well... sort of.

For anyone who has a fully bricked wii, you might find this interesting.

I brought my fully bricked wii (still under warranty) to a NESA facility. Yes, my wii had tons of homebrew applications installed, but I brought it anyways. They kept it overnight, and I retrieved it in the morning. The wii I recieved appeared to be a refurbished system. It had system 3.3U installed. My save data was not intact, however my VC and WC24 remained.

The best part is I was not fined at all.

If you have a fully bricked wii with homebrew stuff on it, and it's still under warrenty, I suggest bringing it to NESA, although you may not be as lucky as I was :P

Quote Originally Posted by poopoomcgoo View Post
    Well... sort of.

For anyone who has a fully bricked wii, you might find this interesting.

I brought my fully bricked wii (still under warranty) to a NESA facility. Yes, my wii had tons of homebrew applications installed, but I brought it anyways. They kept it overnight, and I retrieved it in the morning. The wii I recieved appeared to be a refurbished system. It had system 3.3U installed. My save data was not intact, however my VC and WC24 remained.

The best part is I was not fined at all.

If you have a fully bricked wii with homebrew stuff on it, and it's still under warrenty, I suggest bringing it to NESA, although you may not be as lucky as I was :P
    My friends was out of warranty and they fixed it no questions asked for 75 USD. They replaced it with a refurb with 3.3U on it and the old boot1 version

Probably just luck I guess it depends on the people who is repairing it.