Thread: Is it just the disk?

Is it just the disk?

Hey everyone, I just got done following this guide and I am trying to play "Monster Hunter 3". I burned the game to a DVD+R, and I get a disk error when I try to play it through Disk Channel/Backup Launcher.
    Is it just the fact that I burned it to a DVD+R, or is it also the fact that it's a Japanese game and I have an American Wii?

Thanks,
    Ezro

Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Hi Ezro:
    It could be the disc, most successful burns are with the Verbatim DVD-R. With regard to Japanese-if you followed the directions on that site-looks like you installed a regionfree hack. If you don't use a regionfree or a forceNTSC patch you can semibrick your Wii. You can ck-see if you still have system menu settings. If no then you semibricked your Wii. Otherwise check out this thread-you might need some additional cIOS installs. Good Luck.

If this has helped, please press the thanks button.

its prolly the disc use -r when making backups and burn at a speed of no faster then 4x

Well, I am just trying to use the USB loader gx now, and I can't seem to get that to work either; every time I start the channel, it restarts my Wii.
    Anyone know how to fix that?

Edit:
    Nvm, I fixed it.
    Last edited by Ezro; 08-16-2009 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Fixed