Thread: Parappa the Rapper 2

Thanks

Parappa the Rapper 2

I was just going through some of my old PS games and noticed I had a copy of Parappa the Rapper. Has anyone played through Parappa the Rapper 2? Any thoughts?

retrogamer
    Quote Originally Posted by jitterbugjohnny View Post
    I was just going through some of my old PS games and noticed I had a copy of Parappa the Rapper. Has anyone played through Parappa the Rapper 2? Any thoughts?

The original one that you have is way better than the second version. Sure Parappa 2 has more polished graphics but the ground breaking game play that was in the first is lacking in the sequel.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by retrogamer View Post
    The original one that you have is way better than the second version. Sure Parappa 2 has more polished graphics but the ground breaking game play that was in the first is lacking in the sequel.
    How do you mean it's lacking? Does it have a "same old" type feel to it or are the controls and songs not as memorable?
    Last edited by jitterbugjohnny; 12-15-2006 at 01:09 AM.

retrogamer
    Quote Originally Posted by jitterbugjohnny View Post
    How do you mean it's lacking? Does it have a "same old" type feel to it or are the controls and songs anot as memorable?
    Please bear in mind that this is my own personal opinion of the game so I'm not trying to make anyone angry who enjoyed the second version of Parappa. I felt the lyrics in Parappa 1 were weird almost to the point of gibberish, but in a calculated and at times witty way that was hilariously entertaining. Take these lines from the first game: I am a chicken/ from the kitchen/ and I ainít kiddiní/ Although, nothing is written, then compare them to this incredible pedantic stuff from the second one: Cook those burgers, turn the patty over/ Cut the lettuce, donít forget the cheese/ Toast the buns, donít forget the fries/ Bring on the ketchup, sweep the floors. Yay. Instead of the delightfully eccentric and cleverly rhymed lyrics of Parappa 1, the lyrics in Parappa 2 were dull, one-dimensional and often made no effort to rhyme at all (or did so sloppily, as in rhyming ďroundĒ with ďaround.Ē)

I donít think I would have minded as much if this game had been some sort of append to the first game, but it was released as a separate full priced title, and it just isnít worth it for what you get. Parappa 1 reigns supreme in my opinion.

Thanks
    You are definately right about the lyrics. They were eccentric yet had a purpose. I still can't get Prince Fleaswallow's Rap out of my head.