New Softmod, Neogamma 7 DVD Read Error 1101 help needed...
4.1 US virgin Wii.
* BootMii installed as boot2.
* Backed up NAND.
* Installed DVDx.
* Installed HBC.
I then installed cIOS38r14 and Neogamma 7.
Ran NeoGamma, it told me I didn't have a 249 cIOS
* Go to Homebrew channel and run Trucha Bug Restorer, load IOS36, press 1, read the warnings then select 'downgrade IOS15', select to load IOS from SD card then let it do its job.
* Run Trucha Bug Restorer again this time load IOS15 on first screen, select the IOS36 menu & install patched (select 'yes' on all 3 patches) IOS36 to slot 36, again using IOS from SD card.
* Run Trucha Bug Restorer again, load IOS36 and this time select restore IOS15.
* Run cIOS38r14 installer select IOS36 as the one it should use and then select wad install.
Tried NeoGamma7 again, no more missing cIOS message, but I get a 'DVD Read error 1101'.
Downgraded to cIOS38r13a and NeoGamma6, I get a 'DVD Read error 972.'
Backup disk is Wii Sports Resort Usa.
I've tried burning at 8x and 4x on a DataWare (Yuden) DVD-R.
Also tried burning at 8x on a Sony DVD+R.
All return same error.
Dvd burner I think is a notebook LG GSA-T20N DVD±RW Dual Layer burner.
a couple of things to try:
- try using another game besides Resort as it has a lot of problems running on modded systems, and needs to be loaded with special .dols.
- get VERBATIM dvd-r's, a lot of other media has trouble running on the Wii -- and always burn at 4x or less
- test with neogamma 6 from now on until you get things running as 7 is still a beta, I believe
- try reinstalling DVDX
Last edited by gonk; 08-14-2009 at 02:00 PM.