Thread: Weird Brick

Unhappy Weird Brick

Alright, so the other day I was installing some wads, got out of homebrew channel to a black screen, so I rebbooted my wii. After rebooting it I got to the usual warning screen and pressed A then I got to another black screen. So, I reset my wii again but now it just freezes at the warning screen. I suspect this is a normal banner brick, but I haven't heard of anyone's wii freezing before they press A. Also, I don't now if this matters, but I wasn't paying attention when I installed the wads and my wii might have run out of flash memory . So, what should I do???

I doubt if running out of memory would cause a black screen.

Do you have preloader or bootmii(boot2) installed by any chance?
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

Nope...btw I'm on 4.1u and have cIOSCorp installed (probably doesn't matter tho), and I mightve jacked up cioscorp, after I installed it brawl wanted to update my wii so I ran the update off of it.

Well seeing as you have no brick protection you are stuck trying to recover using the good old banner brick - savemiifrii technique. If you have cIOScorp intact you'll be able to autoboot the Universal Recovery Disc otherwise you'll need to buy a modchip to load it.

First determine you can savemiifrii with a GC controller.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

Guess I need to go find my self a tri-wing screw driver