Thread: I have wii key question please help

Thanks

Us I have wii key question please help

I have the wii key with firmware 1.9s.Ok my question is: is it safe to update my wii firmware to the latest? I am new to wiikey and dont wanna mess it up..
    so any help would be grateful

thanl you

Nao

Thanks
    Thanked 4,104 Times in 2,453 Posts
    It's generally fine to update your Wii when using a hardmod. Just make sure the region of the disc is the same as your Wii or use the internet updater.

It's only sometimes dodgy if you only have a softmod on the Wii as well as the hardmod.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

3. 1 User Says Thank You Tealc For This Useful Post

Thanks
    I was reading that if i update to the latest the wii wont read backup's is this true?and will i lose the usb loader?

Thanks
    hey i have a problem with my wii. It's a korean wii and i bought a wiikey 2 solderless mod chip and u know when u install a wiikey 2 u suppose to insert a game disc of the wii's region. well i did the opposite i insert mario kart USA in it spinned and it stopped. Bad mistake i didnt suppose to done that, but anyway A question mark had pop up
    and now it can't play my original or backup games and i don't know what to do and the wiikey 2 has not have a korean config disc plz anyone i need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!