Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black screen of death

Black screen of death

This is my first post here. I have a wii that was softmoded with the zelda hack, no bootmii or preloader installed. I wanted to run the latest games on another forum it said to update with nintendo servers which i did o.k. then the tutorial said to install IOS60 patched.wad. i installed this with wad manager at the end it said reboot the wii so i switched it off and turned it back on again, just a black screen and the controller wont sync. Is there anything i can do to rescue my wii or is it a white plastic brick. It is a pal machine and is about seven months old i can take it back to the shop and they said if it isnt working they will change it. but i would like it back as it was. Please can anyone help.

Unhappy Nope

Quote Originally Posted by paul129 View Post
    This is my first post here. I have a wii that was softmoded with the zelda hack, no bootmii or preloader installed. I wanted to run the latest games on another forum it said to update with nintendo servers which i did o.k. then the tutorial said to install IOS60 patched.wad. i installed this with wad manager at the end it said reboot the wii so i switched it off and turned it back on again, just a black screen and the controller wont sync. Is there anything i can do to rescue my wii or is it a white plastic brick. It is a pal machine and is about seven months old i can take it back to the shop and they said if it isnt working they will change it. but i would like it back as it was. Please can anyone help.
    You killed ios60 with out trying to.... its sadly a giant white paper weight now.

This time i made sure....

I'm gonna help you

Wiihacks IRC
    MK:1333-5496-0297
    Brawl: 2406-5287-1013

ya dude take it in get a new 1 its easy to soft mod it again ur wii is fuked

Thanks for the replies its nice to have a forum of experts to turn to. When i get my new wii which tutorial should i follow to softmod my wii as i did the last one with the zelda hack. Thanks again

The latest and most pertinent would be http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

To the OP, I feel your pain, as I did almost exactly the same thing just the other day.

130 pre-owned from Gamestation is the way to go. 12 month warranty with it as well!

Cheers,

BS...

Thanks to all for the replies. will let you know how it all goes if i have any problems hope someone will help.

Just got a pre-owned with a brand-new WiiFit for 180. Opened it, and it had Sonic Secret Rings in the drive, a 2Gb Nintendo SD card and a classic controller included. They obviously haven't checked it, as it also had loads of VC games , Mii's and Saved games on it.

Might take it back, but with my bricked one in the box

Cheers,

BS...

I took it back to the shop today and they gave me a new one so now i have to softmod it. any advice would be helpfull as it is changed since i did the last one. Thanks again for all the replies.

As my post 4 above.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast