Thread: Can install anything on my Wii without have a SD card?

Red face Can install anything on my Wii without have a SD card?

Hi, this is my first post and I really new to the world of softmodding and all so this is most likely a newbie question. Can I install anykind of software, homebrew channel or backup loaders, without having to have a SD card?

I have the homebrew channel on my Wii, and also the Gecko OS backup launcher, but I installed those by using a SD card I borrowed from a friend of mine. I don't always want to be asking him to borrow me his SD card and I don't want to spend money on buying one if I don't have to.

With thanks in advanced,
    Siggi (Iceland)

WiiHacks Staff
    Nancy the Moderator

VWA, Game Master, News Hound
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    okay you can launch apps using a usb just google it it is called usb loader or u can use too an external hard drive but that will be more expensive PM me if you have any trouble IF i helped please thank me

Dude, SD cards are like 5-10 bucks for a 1gig(heck I've seen 2GB at that price) and that size is plenty for your needs quit being a cheapo and grab one

Thank you for the help richardsito, but I managed to find this out shortly after I posted this, but still thank you. (I don't know how to use the "thanks" thingy in this forum :P)

chnkpk, The SD cards where you live maybe that cheap there but here in Iceland they are very, very expansive. That's why I was trying to find other way other then buying one.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggi View Post
    Thank you for the help richardsito, but I managed to find this out shortly after I posted this, but still thank you. (I don't know how to use the "thanks" thingy in this forum :P)

chnkpk, The SD cards where you live maybe that cheap there but here in Iceland they are very, very expansive. That's why I was trying to find other way other then buying one.
    There is a thanks icon on the bottom of each post that you can click on to thank the person if he or she was helpful.

But I would not thank that Rich noob, Because he does not know what he is talking about.
    PLEASE SEARCH, READ, AND THINK BEFORE DOING ANYTHING.

Don't forget the thanks button...

Siggi basically you will need an SD card. Can you not order it online?
    Mario Kart - 1290-3970-6189

justa heads up alot of apps will only work from an sd card

Yeah man, not sure how much Poland dollars are worth, but it can't possibly break the bank if you order it online....unless you're like 11-12 years old and mama won't let you