Thread: rawk SD is NOT all its cracked up to be , help and warning thread

Thumbs down rawk SD is NOT all its cracked up to be , help and warning thread

okay this is a warning thread for all those thinking about using rawk sd

the concept is good but if you do not install right the first time , or try adding more customs and stuff good luck

when first installing rawk sd i had made one song , installed it worked fine , i made another one added to the sd card and the files for rock band 2 corrupted , in other words when loading dlc it froze and sreeched in the tone everyone's familiar with. i held the power button and booted it up WITHOUT an sd and the same problem , i have searched around and found this is an EXTREMELY common problem amongst users , i reccomend using a 2gb sd and syncing all the track pack / rock band 1 / GH songs you want in one go and never touch it again unless you know a way around this BS of having to delete all save data of Rock Band 2 (if so please tell me)

IF this occurs there is NO alternative , unless your clear dlc button works or if you know wtf JIT is to fix it.

Finally when deleting Rock band 2 save data you DO NOT delete your dlc , they should be untouched and uncorrupt , unfotunately you will have to restart your career (tour) and remake charachters but atleast ur dlc won't have to be redownloaded and you can keep your online name , and all that , just not your band name

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

It sounds like a trip to the reading room will solve your problem..
    PLEASE SEARCH, READ, AND THINK BEFORE DOING ANYTHING.

Don't forget the thanks button...

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    you posted this in the wrong place m8 - but seein as your intentions were honourable, i'll just move it without punishing ya be more careful where you post next time pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogeggs View Post
    you posted this in the wrong place m8 - but seein as your intentions were honourable, i'll just move it without punishing ya be more careful where you post next time pls.
    sorry , sir , itwill never happen again , sir!

I've never had a problem with RawkSD. And you can delete your DLC content directly from the SD card without touching the Save Data at all (I had to do that once, and all I had to do is re download the DLC I had previously is all). Plus there is a guide or two on how to make custom songs for RawkSD correctly so they don't mess up at all right here on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Delgoth View Post
    I've never had a problem with RawkSD. And you can delete your DLC content directly from the SD card without touching the Save Data at all (I had to do that once, and all I had to do is re download the DLC I had previously is all). Plus there is a guide or two on how to make custom songs for RawkSD correctly so they don't mess up at all right here on this site.
    i was transferring from ac/dc track pack , froze , the track pack was a disc dump , its still very possible to corrupt

Help please

Sorry, but I'm confused. Is rawk SD putting songs on an SD card & putting that into your Wii so you can play more songs with one game? Do I make the SD myself, or can I buy it? Also, if the SD screws up the system, is there recovery (can I still use my RB2 disk?)? What is DLC & other acronyms?