Thread: Problem with VC/Wiiware

Problem with VC/Wiiware

After softmodding my Wii, I've got a problem with the channels. I can't seem to run any VC- or Wiiware-games... I could run downloaded releases for a little while, while bought releases didn't work. But now noone of them works... Is there anything simple which could cause this? Can it be the fix for the shop-channel?? Everything else works, GC-games, Wii-games, burnt Wii-games and burnt GC-games... Also, the HBC and HBB work flawlessly. Any help would be appreciated.

Search for IOS60 patch.
    PLEASE SEARCH, READ, AND THINK BEFORE DOING ANYTHING.

Don't forget the thanks button...

Will that work with fw4,1E?

Edit: I found out that I already have that patch... I followed this guide to install the HBC, Preloader etc... BUT! I installed a Wii Shop-fix and IOS61. Could it be this that fucked it up? Will it help if I reinstall the IOS60patched.wad?

Edit2: After some more fiddling, I decided to try some games again. Now F-Zero X didn't hang, but I asked for a classic controller. When I pressed A on the GC-remote, the Wii restarted. :/ and with SMB3, the screen goes green when I try to start it! But you can still start the wii-menu in the "background" of the noise, and go back to the system menu if you are good at aiming.. :P

Edit3 (:P): I reinstalled some of the non-working cracked games, and now it seems I've gotten Wiiware to function! But still no luck on the N64-games.. :/ don't have any cracked nes etc. to test, but I'll have to see what I find.
    Last edited by lroedal; 08-05-2009 at 11:31 PM.

Now I've reinstalled ios60patched.wad and Preloader also, but still no luck getting VC to work. Wiiware still works like a charm, though. :/

Anyone has a possible solution for this? Have read through the forums, and there seem to be others with the same problem. Wiiware works, but neither downloaded or bought VC-games work. Would like to get this working again, as I have sold my N64.. :P

I FOUND A SOLUTION!! I suspected that the shopchannel-fix was the cause of the problem, and it seems it was. I installed the new shop channel from 4.2, and this fixed the problem. So now I can play VC again, both all my bought ones and VC from wad-files.