Wii Black Screen - Summary of common causes and factors
I still experience the occassional back screen at start up when loading various games like Ghost Squad etc through latest copy of USB Loader GX, and I have also managed to get around this kind of problem with various methods through rather painful testing. I am using 3.4E PAL wii.
Anyways, I just thought I'd summarise my experience and share my thoughts with ppl who still get grief from experiencing black screen upon Loading.
So far I can gathered that black screen (that I have personally experienced and resolved) are due to:
1. cIOS too old, try the latest rev14, or at least rev13 or rev13b;
2. USB Loader GX is too old, you need to update it to newest version through settings;
3. the actual game is not being burnt or copied properly, you need to actually recopy it to the usb drive;
4. the actual usb drive BRAND, so far my 2 cents on reconfirming the urban myth about Western Digital (almost any type of WD) drives are the best with Wii, anything else, including LaCie has fiddly problems;
5. some games are specific and have fiddly problems by nature, like House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return - you need to have settings especially fine-tuned everytime you decide to play 2 OR 3 in the Loader Settings despite having installed latest cIOS
6. I don't know about other loaders, but CoverLoader gives me problems so I am only using USB Loader GX now
That's about sums it up for me.
Please ppl share our experience to the summary of common causes.
Thought I'd add my two cents to this
I was trying to play the indiana jones game from my usb stick and black screen occured when i tried to load it...........
The Fix........ i was running cIOS rev13b...... installed cIOS rev13... worked a treat
Tags for this Thread